The Sustainable Engineering Society relies substantially on the active support and involvement of our members in order to achieve our goals and objectives and to be able to provide technical and professional development support for our members. The SENG is an inclusive industry association that is keen to see its members not only from the environmental engineering profession but also from other fields of engineering and earth and natural sciences. Indeed, a significant number of the events and technical sessions organised by the SENG is aimed at environmental and sustainabilty issues generally.
You are able to join the SENG regardless of whether you are a member of Engineers Australia or have any other professional affiliation.
Alternatively, you can download a PDF version of the application form by following this link.
Annual membership costs to join the SENG are provided below:
- General - $71.50
- Student - FREE
- Retired - $27.50
- General - $93.50
- Student - FREE
- Retired - $38.50
Membership of the Sustainable Engineering Society has the following benefits:
- Access to technical sessions, seminars and conferences organised by the local SENG Chapter. Whilst most events are free, some are fee payable and members receive discounts. Each local Chapter cordinates up to a dozen sesions each year.
- SENG members receive all 11 editions of WME Magazine, released monthly from February to December. The rpice for other readers is $189 per annum. In four of these editions, SENG has an 8-page feature to promote our goals and member views.
- The SENG collaborates with a number of specialist organisations in coordinating events so that overlap is minimised and value to members is increased.
- Other value adding intiatives such as the development of relevant guidelines, user manuals, student initiatives, awards and prizes and relevant government submissions are made by SENG.
- Providing opportunities for networking with your fellow environmental colleagues.
For more information on Engineers Australia Membership go to the Engineers Australia Membership Page.