The Sustainable Engineering Society (SENG) is an inclusive industry association that has members from all engineering disciplines, the sciences, and all other professions. You are able to join SENG regardless of whether you are a member of Engineers Australia (EA) or have any other professional affiliation.
Apply for membership by following this link. If you are an existing member of EA please click on the "Join a Technical Society" button; if you are not an existing member of EA then please first click on the "Don't have an ID?" button before then selecting "Join a Technical Society".
Annual SENG membership costs are provided below (2015 - 2016):
These fees have changed as at 1 July 2015.
- General - $112.20
- Retired - $63.80
- Student - FREE
- General - $134.20
- Retired - $74.80
- Student - FREE
Membership benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Access to technical sessions, seminars, and conferences organised by the national and local SENG Branches and other EA groups. Whilst some events are free, most are fee-payable and members receive discounts.
- SENG also collaborates with other specialist organisations to coordinate events, so that overlap is minimised and value to members is increased.
- Opportunities for members to network and share ideas with other professionals from all industries, to support holistic approaches to sustainability.
- Free access to WME's Business Environment Network online services. This follows a transition from the hard copy WME Magazine. Subscriptions are opt-in for 2015-16, so if you have just registered for membership be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting access to BEN-Global.
- Access to student initiatives, awards and prizes.
- The opportunity to support and contribute to the development of guidelines, manuals, practice notes, and government submissions that facilitate the implementation of sustainability principals.
For more information on Engineers Australia Membership go to the Engineers Australia membership page.
Invoices for membership renewals are issued by Engineers Australia each year prior to the end of June. Once paid, receipts will be sent out. If invoices or receipts are not received they can be requested by contacting the Technical Society Membership team.
For queries about your existing membership, please contact:
- EA membership - EA Member Services or call 1300 653 113
- Technical Society Membership - Email
- SENG general enquiries - SENG Executive Officer